Gloucester Cathedral and Edward II’s Tomb – in a very different light!

As promised, here are the pictures of Gloucester Cathedral taken in low light and with ‘theatrical mist’ at the Mediaeval Baebes concert. I also managed to take some of Edward II’s tomb – which looks stunning after its recent makeover. The stonemasons did a fantastic job in repairing it – with all those ball flowers it must have been quite fiddly!

I hope you enjoy them.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Gloucester Cathedral and Edward II’s Tomb – in a very different light!

1. Anerje says:

Beautiful pictures! It’s been years since I visited Gloucester cathedral – I really must make an effort this year.

2. Su_H says:

Beautiful, it must have been very atmospheric – especially with the mist and mediaeval music; very ethereal.:-)

3. Anerje says:

oh yes, the atmosphere – and I wonder what Ed would have thought of the Mediaeval Babes?

4. La Lectrice says:

these remind me of those haunting sepia pictures of the late 1800’s

5. As always, thanks so much for sharing your photos!!

6. Loved the pictures! Thanks for posting!

7. Alianore says:

Gorgeous, Lady D! I’m delighted to see that the cathedral is looking after my beloved Edward’s resting place so well. 🙂

8. Lady D. says:

Anerje: If you do come to Gloucester, let me know and perhaps we could meet up for coffee. I’m sure Ed would have loved the Baebes and would have happily had them as a permanent fixture at his court!

Su_H: Ethereal! That’s the word I was looking for when I did the post. Yes, it was – almost like being on a weird (but lovely) film set for a medieval film.

La Lectrice: Yes, I love that yellow glow too. I took the pics with the camera on my Sony Ericsson phone and it always seems to add that tint – which is why I use it alot rather than my usual camera. My mum took some similar photos but the light looks much harsher in them and not how I remembered it, so I didn’t use those.

Lynn and Susan: You’re welcome 🙂 And to be honest, it was easier to do a post with pictures as I haven’t had time to do any research for a ‘proper’ post lol!

Alianore: Oh yes, Ed’s being well looked-after. And I make it my business to drop in regularly just to check 😉